Anna Mae Diehl
Florence McAlister Professor of Medicine, in the School of Medicine
Research by our group has advanced understanding in two main areas: 1) immune system regulation of liver injury and regeneration and 2)the role of fetal morphogens, such as the hedgehog pathway, in regulating fibrotic responses to liver damage. Our basic research programs have been enjoyed continuous NIH support since 1989. We welcome students, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scientists who have interests in this research area to contact us about training opportunities and potential collaborations.
Since 2001 we have also been an active participant in the NIDDK-funded Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Clinical Research Network (NASH CRN), a national consortium comprised of 8 university medical centers selected to generate a national registry for patients with NAFLD and to conduct multicenter treatment trials for this disorder. We are actively recruiting patients for this program, as well as a number of other industry-supported NAFLD studies.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Florence McAlister Professor of Medicine, in the School of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2366
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Georgetown University, 1978
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- AASLD Distinguished Achievement Award. American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. 2012
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study