Christoph F. Schmidt
Hertha Sponer Distinguished Professor of Physics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Hertha Sponer Distinguished Professor of Physics
- Professor of Physics
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biology
- Office Location: 2316 French Family Science Center, Duke Box 90305, 124 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2708
- Email Address: email@example.com
- D.R. Technical University of Munich (Germany), 1988
- BIOLOGY 425: Biophysics II
- BIOLOGY 791T: Tutorial
- PHYSICS 174: Introduction to Frontiers of Biophysics
- PHYSICS 415: Biophysics II
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- PHYSICS 995: Graduate Training Internship
In the News
- Duke Adds 21 Faculty to Distinguished Faculty Rank (May 7, 2019)
- Jayachandran, C; Ghosh, A; Prabhune, M; Bath, J; Turberfield, AJ; Hauke, L; Enderlein, J; Rehfeldt, F; Schmidt, CF, DNA-Based Optical Sensors for Forces in Cytoskeletal Networks, Acs Applied Nano Materials, vol 6 no. 17 (2023), pp. 15455-15464 [10.1021/acsanm.3c01783] [abs].
- Ranaivoson, FM; Crozet, V; Benoît, MPMH; Khalid, AAM; Kikuti, C; Sirkia, H; Marjou, AE; Asenjo, AB; Sosa, H; Schmidt, CF; Rosenfeld, SS; Houdusse, A, Nucleotide-free structures of Kif20A illuminate the atypical allostery in this mitotic kinesin-6 (2022) [10.1101/2022.11.10.515925] [abs].
- Haertter, D; Wang, X; Fogerson, SM; Ramkumar, N; Crawford, JM; Poss, KD; Di Talia, S; Kiehart, DP; Schmidt, CF, DeepProjection: specific and robust projection of curved 2D tissue sheets from 3D microscopy using deep learning., Development, vol 149 no. 21 (2022) [10.1242/dev.200621] [abs].
- Haertter, D; Hauke, L; Schmidt, CF; Zimmermann, WH, Real-Time Super-Resolution Analysis of Sarcomere Motion Reveals Context-Dependent Stochastic Heterogeneity in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes, Circulation, vol 146 (2022) [abs].
- Jayachandran, C; Ghosh, A; Prabhune, M; Bath, J; Turberfield, AJ; Hauke, L; Enderlein, J; Rehfeldt, F; Schmidt, CF, A DNA-based optical force sensor for live-cell applications, bioRxiv (2021) [abs].