Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
BVSc (DVM Equivalent) University of Liverpool 1998
MSpVM North Carolina State University 2003
PhD (Physiology and Biotechnology) North Carolina State University 2006
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons 2004
My research focus is rotator cuff tendon tissue engineering and tendon-bone interfacial regeneration using a novel electrospinning technology. I have also developed an interest in integrated 'omics to assess continued risk for tendon degeneration, and markers of a regenerative tendon.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Professor in Pathology
- Office Location: 375 MSRB, Box 3093 DUMC, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-6867
- O'Conor, CJ; Ramalingam, S; Zelenski, NA; Benefield, HC; Rigo, I; Little, D; Wu, CL; Chen, D; Liedtke, W; McNulty, AL; Guilak, F, Cartilage-Specific Knockout of the Mechanosensory Ion Channel TRPV4 Decreases Age-Related Osteoarthritis., Scientific Reports, vol 6 (2016) [abs].
- Wu, CL; Jain, D; McNeill, JN; Little, D; Anderson, JA; Huebner, JL; Kraus, VB; Rodriguiz, RM; Wetsel, WC; Guilak, F, Dietary fatty acid content regulates wound repair and the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis following joint injury., Annals of the rheumatic diseases, vol 74 no. 11 (2015), pp. 2076-2083 [abs].
- Orr, SB; Chainani, A; Hippensteel, KJ; Kishan, A; Gilchrist, C; Garrigues, NW; Ruch, DS; Guilak, F; Little, D, Aligned multilayered electrospun scaffolds for rotator cuff tendon tissue engineering., Acta Biomaterialia, vol 24 (2015), pp. 117-126 [abs].
- Lavagnino, M; Wall, ME; Little, D; Banes, AJ; Guilak, F; Arnoczky, SP, Tendon mechanobiology: Current knowledge and future research opportunities., Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol 33 no. 6 (2015), pp. 813-822 [abs].
- Wu, C-L; McNeill, J; Goon, K; Little, D; Kimmerling, K; Huebner, J; Kraus, V; Guilak, F, THE EFFECT OF CONDITIONAL MACROPHAGE DEPLETION ON DEVELOPMENT OF INJURY-INDUCED KNEE OA IN OBESE TRANSGENIC MAFIA MICE, Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol 23 (2015), pp. A286-A287 [abs].