George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
Dr. Liu’s research interests are focusing on the chemistry and material science of nanoscale materials. Specific topics in his current research program include: Self-assembly of nanostructures; Preparation and chemical functionalization of single
walled carbon nanotubes; Developing carbon nanotube based chemical and biological sensors; SPM based fabrication and modification of functional nanostructures.
Appointments and Affiliations
- George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Professor of Chemistry
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 2105 French Science Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-1549
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Rice University, 1999
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 1996
- M.S. Shandong University (China), 1990
- B.S. Shandong University (China), 1987
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. American Physical Society. 2013
- AAAS Fellows. American Association for the Advancement of Science, The. 2012
- CHEM 210DL: Modern Applications of Chemical Principles
- CHEM 393: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 394: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 493: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 494: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 548: Solid-State and Materials Chemistry
- CHEM 611: Foundations of Nanoscale Science and Technology
- ECE 511: Foundations of Nanoscale Science and Technology
- MSEG 591: Independent Study
- NANOSCI 511: Foundations of Nanoscale Science and Technology
In the News
- Energy Initiative Awards Seven New Seed Grants (Apr 28, 2017)
- Light-Driven Reaction Converts Carbon Dioxide Into Fuel (Feb 23, 2017)
- Energy Initiative Provides First Round of Research Seed Funding (Apr 16, 2014)
- Li, X; Everitt, HO; Liu, J, Synergy between thermal and nonthermal effects in plasmonic photocatalysis, Nano Research, vol 13 no. 5 (2020), pp. 1268-1280 [10.1007/s12274-020-2694-z] [abs].
- Wang, P; Chen, Z; Wang, H; Ji, Z; Feng, Y; Wang, J; Liu, J; Hu, M; Fei, J; Gan, W; Huang, Y, A high-performance flexible aqueous Al ion rechargeable battery with long cycle life, Energy Storage Materials, vol 25 (2020), pp. 426-435 [10.1016/j.ensm.2019.09.038] [abs].
- He, S; Ji, D; Zhang, J; Novello, P; Li, X; Zhang, Q; Zhang, X; Liu, J, Understanding the Origin of Selective Reduction of CO2 to CO on Single-Atom Nickel Catalyst., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol 124 no. 3 (2020), pp. 511-518 [10.1021/acs.jpcb.9b09730] [abs].
- Hu, Z; Zhao, L; Jiang, T; Liu, J; Rashid, A; Sun, P; Wang, G; Yan, C; Zhang, L, Trifluoropropylene Carbonate-Driven Interface Regulation Enabling Greatly Enhanced Lithium Storage Durability of Silicon-Based Anodes, Advanced Functional Materials, vol 29 no. 45 (2019) [10.1002/adfm.201906548] [abs].
- Wang, P; Chen, Z; Ji, Z; Feng, Y; Wang, J; Liu, J; Hu, M; Wang, H; Gan, W; Huang, Y, A flexible aqueous Al ion rechargeable full battery, Chemical Engineering Journal, vol 373 (2019), pp. 580-586 [10.1016/j.cej.2019.05.085] [abs].