Michael Eric Gehm
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: CIEMAS 3463, Fitzpatrick Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5544
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2003
- M.S. Duke University, 1998
- B.S. Washington University in St. Louis, 1992
Primarily computational and compressive sensing and measurement in all modalities (with special emphasis in Electromagnetic/Optical from RF to x-ray and all forms of Mass spectrometry), with side interests in optical physics, high-performance x-ray simulation, and rapid-prototyping as a means of creating advanced electromagnetic structures
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. OSA (The Optical Society). 2020
- ECE 270DL: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation
- ECE 270L9: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation (Lab)
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
In the News
- A Speedier and More Accurate Future for Airport Security Screening (Feb 24, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke to Lead $5.83 Million DHS Project to Reinvent Airport Screening (Dec 10, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- The Way This Image Is Created Sounds Like Magic (Sep 27, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Vyas, R; Herr, PJ; Aloui, T; Horvath, K; Kirley, MP; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, Comparison of thermionic filament and carbon nanotube field emitter-based electron ionization sources in cycloidal coded aperture mass analyzers, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol 457 (2020) [10.1016/j.ijms.2020.116415] [abs].
- Greenberg, JA; Ashok, A; Gehm, ME, The all-seeing baggage scanner, Ieee Spectrum, vol 57 no. 7 (2020), pp. 22-27 [10.1109/MSPEC.2020.9126107] [abs].
- Ding, Y; Coccarelli, D; Hurlock, A; Greenberg, JA; Gehm, M; Ashok, A, Task-specific information in X-ray diffraction and transmission modalities: A comparative analysis, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 11404 (2020) [10.1117/12.2558267] [abs].
- Coccarelli, D; Gehm, ME; Greenberg, JA, Modeling realistic virtual objects within a high-throughput X-ray simulation framework, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 11404 (2020) [10.1117/12.2558947] [abs].
- Li, X; Greenberg, JA; Gehm, ME, Single-shot multispectral imaging through a thin scatterer, Optica, vol 6 no. 7 (2019), pp. 864-871 [10.1364/OPTICA.6.000864] [abs].