Scott Thomas Hollenbeck
Associate Professor of Surgery
Breast Cancer, Adipose Biology, Lower Extremity Reconstruction
Appointments and Affiliations
- Office Location: Dept of Surgery, Box 3974 DUMC, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-5079
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2010
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2007
- Cornell University, Weill Medical College, 2004
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2002
- M.D. Ohio State University, 2000
- SURGERY 223C: From Cosmesis to Reconstruction, from Infants to the Elderly
- SURGERY 403C: Sub-Internship Plastic Surgery Integrated Program
- SURGERY 444C: Introduction to Plastic, Reconstructive and Maxillofacial Surgery
In the News
- In ‘Paradigm Shift,’ Google Search Volume for ‘Breast Implant Removal’ Up 235%, for ‘Explant’ Up 527% (Apr 25, 2022 | Surgical Times)
- Hollenbeck, ST; Senghaas, A; Komatsu, I; Zhang, Y; Erdmann, D; Klitzman, B, Tissue engraftment of hypoxic-preconditioned adipose-derived stem cells improves flap viability., Wound Repair Regen, vol 20 no. 6 (2012), pp. 872-878 [10.1111/j.1524-475X.2012.00854.x] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Toranto, JD; Taylor, BJ; Ho, TQ; Zenn, MR; Erdmann, D; Levin, LS, Perineal and lower extremity reconstruction., Plast Reconstr Surg, vol 128 no. 5 (2011), pp. 551e-563e [10.1097/PRS.0b013e31822b6b87] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Levin, LS, Subunit principle for microvascular foot reconstruction, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol 127 no. 3 (2011), pp. 1395-1396 [10.1097/PRS.0b013e31820631c8] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Komatsu, I; Woo, S; Schoeman, M; Yang, J; Erdmann, D; Levin, LS, The current role of the vascularized-fibular osteocutaneous graft in the treatment of segmental defects of the upper extremity., Microsurgery, vol 31 no. 3 (2011), pp. 183-189 [10.1002/micr.20703] [abs].
- Yang, J; Erdmann, D; Chang, JC; Komatsu, I; Zhang, Y; Wang, D; Hodavance, MS; Hollenbeck, ST; Levinson, H; Klitzman, B; Levin, LS, A model of sequential heart and composite tissue allotransplant in rats., Plast Reconstr Surg, vol 126 no. 1 (2010), pp. 80-86 [10.1097/PRS.0b013e3181dbbb64] [abs].
- Kundi, R; Hollenbeck, ST; Yamanouchi, D; Herman, BC; Edlin, R; Ryer, EJ; Wang, C; Tsai, S; Liu, B; Kent, KC, Arterial gene transfer of the TGF-beta signalling protein Smad3 induces adaptive remodelling following angioplasty: a role for CTGF., Cardiovasc Res, vol 84 no. 2 (2009), pp. 326-335 [10.1093/cvr/cvp220] [abs].
- Tsai, S; Hollenbeck, ST; Ryer, EJ; Edlin, R; Yamanouchi, D; Kundi, R; Wang, C; Liu, B; Kent, KC, TGF-beta through Smad3 signaling stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointimal formation., Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, vol 297 no. 2 (2009), pp. H540-H549 [10.1152/ajpheart.91478.2007] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Woo, S; Ong, S; Fitch, RD; Erdmann, D; Levin, LS, The combined use of the Ilizarov method and microsurgical techniques for limb salvage., Ann Plast Surg, vol 62 no. 5 (2009), pp. 486-491 [10.1097/SAP.0b013e318189a9e5] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Erdmann, D; Levin, LS, Current indications for hand and face allotransplantation., Transplantation Proceedings, vol 41 no. 2 (2009), pp. 495-498 [10.1016/j.transproceed.2009.01.065] [abs].
- Sakakibara, K; Liu, B; Hollenbeck, S; Kent, KC, Rapamycin inhibits fibronectin-induced migration of the human arterial smooth muscle line (E47) through the mammalian target of rapamycin., American Journal of Physiology Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol 288 no. 6 (2005), pp. H2861-H2868 [10.1152/ajpheart.00561.2004] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Itoh, H; Louie, O; Faries, PL; Liu, B; Kent, KC, Type I collagen synergistically enhances PDGF-induced smooth muscle cell proliferation through pp60src-dependent crosstalk between the alpha2beta1 integrin and PDGFbeta receptor., Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol 325 no. 1 (2004), pp. 328-337 [10.1016/j.bbrc.2004.10.031] [abs].
- Cellini, C; Hollenbeck, ST; Christos, P; Martins, D; Carson, J; Kemper, S; Lavigne, E; Chan, E; Simmons, R, Factors associated with residual breast cancer after re-excision for close or positive margins., Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol 11 no. 10 (2004), pp. 915-920 [10.1245/ASO.2004.12.037] [abs].
- Simmons, RM; Hollenbeck, ST; Latrenta, GS, Two-year follow-up of areola-sparing mastectomy with immediate reconstruction., American Journal of Surgery, vol 188 no. 4 (2004), pp. 403-406 [10.1016/j.amjsurg.2004.07.001] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Nelson, PR; Yamamura, S; Faries, PL; Liu, B; Kent, KC, Intracellular calcium transients are necessary for platelet-derived growth factor but not extracellular matrix protein-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration., Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol 40 no. 2 (2004), pp. 351-358 [10.1016/j.jvs.2004.03.047] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Sakakibara, K; Faries, PL; Workhu, B; Liu, B; Kent, KC, Stem cell factor and c-kit are expressed by and may affect vascular SMCs through an autocrine pathway., Journal of Surgical Research, vol 120 no. 2 (2004), pp. 288-294 [10.1016/j.jss.2004.01.005] [abs].
- Singletary, SE; Dowlatshahi, K; Dooley, W; Hollenbeck, ST; Kern, K; Kuerer, H; Newman, LA; Simmons, R; Whitworth, P, Minimally invasive operation for breast cancer., Current Problems in Surgery, vol 41 no. 4 (2004), pp. 394-447 [10.1016/j.cpsurg.2003.12.002] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Cellini, C; Christos, P; Varnado-Rhodes, Y; Martins, D; Nussbaum, M; Osborne, MP; Simmons, RM, Breast cancer in patients with residual invasive carcinoma is more accurately staged with additive tumor size assessment., Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol 11 no. 1 (2004), pp. 59-64 [10.1007/BF02524347] [abs].
- Kent, KC; Zwolak, RM; Jaff, MR; Hollenbeck, ST; Thompson, RW; Schermerhorn, ML; Sicard, GA; Riles, TS; Cronenwett, JL; Society for Vascular Surgery, ; American Association of Vascular Surgery, ; Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology,, Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: a consensus statement., Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol 39 no. 1 (2004), pp. 267-269 [10.1016/j.jvs.2003.08.019] [abs].
- Simmons, RM; Hollenbeck, ST; Latrenta, GS, Areola-sparing mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction., Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol 51 no. 6 (2003), pp. 547-551 [10.1097/01.sap.0000095659.93306.48] [abs].
- Hollenbeck, ST; Grobmyer, SR; Kent, KC; Brennan, MF, Surgical treatment and outcomes of patients with primary inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma., Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol 197 no. 4 (2003), pp. 575-579 [10.1016/S1072-7515(03)00433-2] [abs].
- Burak, WE; Hollenbeck, ST; Zervos, EE; Hock, KL; Kemp, LC; Young, DC, Sentinel lymph node biopsy results in less postoperative morbidity compared with axillary lymph node dissection for breast cancer., American Journal of Surgery, vol 183 no. 1 (2002), pp. 23-27 [10.1016/s0002-9610(01)00848-0] [abs].