Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Tony Jun Huang received his Ph.D. degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2005. His research interests are in the fields of acoustofluidics, optofluidics, and micro/nano systems for biomedical diagnostics and therapeutics. He has authored/co-authored over 180 peer-reviewed journal publications in these fields. His journal articles have been cited more than 10,000 times, as documented at Google Scholar (h-index: 58).He also has 16 patents and invention disclosures.
He was elected a fellow of the following five professional societies: the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the Institute of Physics (IOP), and the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
Huang's research has gained international recognition through numerous prestigious awards and honors including a 2010 National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director's New Innovator Award, a 2011 JALA Top Ten Breakthroughs of the Year Award, a 2012 Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award from the Society for Manufacturing Engineering, a 2013 Faculty Scholar Medal from The Pennsylvania State University, a 2013 American Asthma Foundation (AAF) Scholar Award, the 2014 IEEE Sensors Council Technical Achievement Award from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and the 2017 Analytical Chemistry Young Innovator Award from the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California at Los Angeles, 2005
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
In the News:
- Sound Waves Separate Biological Nanoparticles for 'Liquid Biopsies' (Sep 19, 2017)
- Huang Wins Analytical Chemistry 2017 Young Innovator Award (Jul 24, 2017)
- Sound Waves Create Whirlpools to Round Up Tiny Signs of Disease (Jan 26, 2017)
- Tony Jun Huang: Developing Lab-on-a-Chip Technologies to Improve Health Care (Nov 1, 2016)