Jennifer Lyn Roizen
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Inspired by small molecule natural products, the Roizen laboratories will initiate research to access improved antibiotics, and selective ion channel inhibitors, with implications for the study and treatment of cancer, heart disease, and neurological disorders. This program will begin with the development of novel reaction methods, and where appropriate these methodologies will be advanced through mechanistic investigations. New reactions will be designed to streamline access to challenging natural products, such as the guaianolide sesquiterpenes. Access to these small molecules will enable us to collaborate with colleagues to probe the biological activity of these molecular architectures.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 1104 French Science Center, Durham, NC 27701
- Office Phone: (919) 660-9438
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Stanford University, 2013
- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, 2009
- B.A. Williams College, 2003
- CHEM 202L: Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 393: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 394: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 493: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 494: Research Independent Study
- CHEM 532: Organic Reactions
- Craig, RA; Roizen, JL; Smith, RC; Jones, AC; Virgil, SC; Stoltz, BM, Correction: Enantioselective, convergent synthesis of the ineleganolide core by a tandem annulation cascade (Chemical Science (2017) 8 (507-514) DOI: 10.1039/C6SC03347D), Chem. Sci., vol 10 no. 4 (2019), pp. 1254-1255 [10.1039/c8sc90236d] [abs].
- Mack, JBC; Bedell, TA; Deluca, RJ; Hone, GAB; Roizen, JL; Cox, CT; Sorensen, EJ; Du Bois, J, Rhodium-Catalyzed C-H Amination: A Case Study of Selectivity in C-H Functionalization Reactions, Journal of Chemical Education, vol 95 no. 12 (2018), pp. 2243-2248 [10.1021/acs.jchemed.7b00697] [abs].
- Blackburn, JM; Roizen, JL, Easy access to elusive radical reactions., Science (New York, N.Y.), vol 362 no. 6411 (2018), pp. 157-158 [10.1126/science.aav0574] [abs].
- Shehata, MF; Ayer, SK; Roizen, JL, Iron(MCP) Complexes Catalyze Aziridination with Olefins As Limiting Reagents., The Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol 83 no. 9 (2018), pp. 5072-5081 [10.1021/acs.joc.8b00402] [abs].
- Craig, RA; Smith, RC; Roizen, JL; Jones, AC; Virgil, SC; Stoltz, BM, Development of a Unified Enantioselective, Convergent Synthetic Approach Toward the Furanobutenolide-Derived Polycyclic Norcembranoid Diterpenes: Asymmetric Formation of the Polycyclic Norditerpenoid Carbocyclic Core by Tandem Annulation Cascade., The Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol 83 no. 7 (2018), pp. 3467-3485 [10.1021/acs.joc.7b02825] [abs].