Associate Professor of Neurobiology
That a picture can be worth a thousand words relies on the power of the visual system. In order to divide the labor of this task, the visual cortex is organized into specialized modules that process distinct features. My lab uses the mouse visual system and modern genetic, optical, electrophysiological and behavioral approaches to reveal how these modules are coordinated to support vision and guide behavior.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Neurobiology
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: Bryan Research Building, 311 Research Drive Room 401F, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3964
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California - San Diego, 2007
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Pew Scholars in the Biomedical Sciences. Pew Charitable Trusts. 2014
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 751: Neuroscience Bootcamp
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
- NEUROSCI 150: Research Practicum
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- NEUROSCI 751: Neuroscience Bootcamp
In the News
- Glickfeld Wins Sloan Fellowship (Feb 19, 2015)
- Two Neurobiology Faculty Win Pew Scholarships (Jun 24, 2014)
- Li, JY; Hass, CA; Matthews, I; Kristl, AC; Glickfeld, LL, Distinct recruitment of feedforward and recurrent pathways across higher-order areas of mouse visual cortex., Curr Biol, vol 31 no. 22 (2021), pp. 5024-5036.e5 [10.1016/j.cub.2021.09.042] [abs].
- Jin, M; Glickfeld, LL, Mouse Higher Visual Areas Provide Both Distributed and Specialized Contributions to Visually Guided Behaviors., Curr Biol, vol 30 no. 23 (2020), pp. 4682-4692.e7 [10.1016/j.cub.2020.09.015] [abs].
- Jin, M; Glickfeld, LL, Magnitude, time course, and specificity of rapid adaptation across mouse visual areas., J Neurophysiol, vol 124 no. 1 (2020), pp. 245-258 [10.1152/jn.00758.2019] [abs].
- Murgas, KA; Wilson, AM; Michael, V; Glickfeld, LL, Unique Spatial Integration in Mouse Primary Visual Cortex and Higher Visual Areas., Journal of Neuroscience, vol 40 no. 9 (2020), pp. 1862-1873 [10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1997-19.2020] [abs].
- Jin, M; Glickfeld, LL, Contribution of Sensory Encoding to Measured Bias., Journal of Neuroscience, vol 39 no. 26 (2019), pp. 5115-5127 [10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0076-19.2019] [abs].