Neil Lee Spector
Sandra Coates Associate Professor
Appointments and Affiliations
- Sandra Coates Associate Professor
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Ste 601, Hock Plaza, Box_2714 Med Ctr, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-0409
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University of Texas at Dallas, 1986
- University of Texas at Dallas, 1984
- University of Texas at Dallas, 1983
- M.D. University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1982
In the News
- Lyme Study Uses Drug Discovery Methods That Have Fueled Cancer Breakthroughs (Dec 13, 2017 | Duke Health News)
- Researchers turn to canine clinical trials to advance cancer therapies (Apr 1, 2016 | JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association)
- Lyme: The infectious disease equivalent of cancer, says top Duke oncologist (Feb 26, 2016 | The Huffington Post)
- Dr. Neil Spector: Latest advances in cancer care (Sep 30, 2015 | KTEP-El Paso’s “Science Studio")
- Dr. Neil Spector: What it’s like to have severe Lyme disease (Jun 16, 2015 | New York Magazine)
- Natural Compound Attacks HER2 Positive Breast Cancer Cells (Feb 17, 2014)
- Osada, T; Hartman, ZC; Wei, J; Lei, G; Hobeika, AC; Gwin, WR; Diniz, MA; Spector, N; Clay, TM; Chen, W; Morse, MA; Lyerly, HK, Polyfunctional anti-human epidermal growth factor receptor 3 (anti-HER3) antibodies induced by HER3 vaccines have multiple mechanisms of antitumor activity against therapy resistant and triple negative breast cancers., Breast Cancer Research : Bcr, vol 20 no. 1 (2018) [10.1186/s13058-018-1023-x] [abs].
- Piryani, SO; Kam, AYF; Kliassov, EG; Chen, BJ; Spector, NL; Chute, JP; Hsu, DS; Chao, NJ; Doan, PL, Epidermal Growth Factor and Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor Signaling Are Synergistic for Hematopoietic Regeneration., Stem Cells (Dayton, Ohio), vol 36 no. 2 (2018), pp. 252-264 [10.1002/stem.2731] [abs].
- Crowe, LB; Hughes, PF; Alcorta, DA; Osada, T; Smith, AP; Totzke, J; Loiselle, DR; Lutz, ID; Gargesha, M; Roy, D; Roques, J; Darr, D; Lyerly, HK; Spector, NL; Haystead, TAJ, A Fluorescent Hsp90 Probe Demonstrates the Unique Association between Extracellular Hsp90 and Malignancy in Vivo., Acs Chemical Biology, vol 12 no. 4 (2017), pp. 1047-1055 [10.1021/acschembio.7b00006] [abs].
- Goh, G; Schmid, R; Guiver, K; Arpornwirat, W; Chitapanarux, I; Ganju, V; Im, S-A; Kim, S-B; Dechaphunkul, A; Maneechavakajorn, J; Spector, N; Yau, T; Afrit, M; Ahmed, SB; Johnston, SR; Gibson, N; Uttenreuther-Fischer, M; Herrero, J; Swanton, C, Clonal Evolutionary Analysis during HER2 Blockade in HER2-Positive Inflammatory Breast Cancer: A Phase II Open-Label Clinical Trial of Afatinib +/- Vinorelbine., Plos Medicine, vol 13 no. 12 (2016) [10.1371/journal.pmed.1002136] [abs].
- Zhu, J; Davis, CT; Silberman, S; Spector, N; Zhang, T, A role for the androgen receptor in the treatment of male breast cancer., Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, vol 98 (2016), pp. 358-363 [10.1016/j.critrevonc.2015.11.013] [abs].