Paolo F Maccarini
Assistant Research Professor of the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor of the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 1427 Fciemas, Box 90281, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 668-7418
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California - Santa Barbara, 2002
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- Cupil-Garcia, V; Liu, Y; Crawford, BM; Chongsathidkiet, P; Palmer, G; Maccarini, P; Fecci, PE; Inman, B; Vo-Dinh, T, Nanostar probes: A golden platform for Synergistic Immuno Photothermal Nanotherapy (SYMPHONY) for the treatment of metastatic cancer, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 11257 (2020) [10.1117/12.2552995] [abs].
- Tan, WP; Chang, A; Brousell, SC; Grimberg, DC; Fantony, JJ; Longo, TA; Etienne, W; Spasojevic, I; Maccarini, P; Inman, BA, Safety and efficacy of intravesical chemotherapy and hyperthermia in the bladder: results of a porcine study., Int J Hyperthermia, vol 37 no. 1 (2020), pp. 854-860 [10.1080/02656736.2020.1780328] [abs].
- Liu, Y; Chongsathidkiet, P; Crawford, BM; Odion, R; Dechant, CA; Kemeny, HR; Cui, X; Maccarini, PF; Lascola, CD; Fecci, PE; Vo-Dinh, T, Plasmonic gold nanostar-mediated photothermal immunotherapy for brain tumor ablation and immunologic memory., Immunotherapy, vol 11 no. 15 (2019), pp. 1293-1302 [10.2217/imt-2019-0023] [abs].
- Rodrigues, DB; Stauffer, PR; Pereira, PJS; Maccarini, PF, Microwave radiometry for noninvasive monitoring of brain temperature (2018), pp. 87-127 [10.1007/978-3-319-75007-1_5] [abs].
- Vo-Dinh, T; Inman, B; Maccarini, P; Palmer, G; Liu, Y, Synergistic immuno photothermal nanotherapy (SYMPHONY) to treat metastatic cancers and induce anti-cancer vaccine effect, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 10484 (2018) [10.1117/12.2300089] [abs].