The Duke Optical Student Chapter (DOSC) is a Duke Student organization interested in research in optics and photonics. They are officially affiliated as a student chapter with SPIE and The Optical Society, two professional societies dedicated to optics and photonics. Their affiliation with these societies along with the Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics at Duke provides them with funding and resources that allows them to engage in many activities related to the exploration and promotion of optical sciences. Here are some of the things that they do:
- Professional networking events on campus and at conferences
- Outreach programs to local schools
- Support optics-related extracurricular projects
- Interact with visiting professors in small groups
- Assist with FIP breakfast poster sessions
- To see more about these opportunites, please click on slide below for link to DOSC Seminar presentation.
CUrrent DOSC Officers:
President: Adriana Stohn
Vice President: Cindy Chen
Secretary: Amey Chaware
Treasurer: Amit Narawane
Outreach Coordinator: Sarah Ruiz
First Year Representative: Hillel Price
JOIN Duke Optical Student Chapter (DOSC):
Please complete this google forms link with your name and contact information to join the Duke Optical Student Chapter (DOSC).
For DOSC news and connections:
Calendar of Events:
The DOSC worked with a group of local high school students on a research project during the summer. At the end of the summer, the students presented their posters at the FIP Friday breakfast poster session.