Georgia Marie Beasley
Associate Professor of Surgery
Dr. Beasley is an associate professor of surgery in the division of Surgical Oncology at Duke University with a secondary appointment as associate professor in the department of medicine. After playing 3 years in the women’s NBA, she began medical school. She obtained her MD (2008) and Masters of Health Science in clinical research (2010) from Duke University School of Medicine. She then completed general surgical residency at Duke University in 2015, during which time she was awarded a traineeship under a long-standing Surgical Oncology T32 grant. She then completed a fellowship in complex surgical oncology at the Ohio State University in 2017. She returned to Duke in 2017 as a faculty member. In 2019, she became co-director of the Duke Melanoma Program.
Dr. Beasley is a surgeon scientist with active involvement in clinical and translational research. Her main clinical and research interests include immunologic aspects of melanoma including oncolytic viral therapy. She is principal investigator of over 10 therapeutic clinical trials in melanoma including novel intratumoral therapies. Her research focuses on the role of innate immunity in the anti-tumor response. She has authored over 100 publications centered on melanoma. She has received multiple internal and external funding including the Society of Surgical Oncology’s Young Investigator Award, NIH K08 mentored physician scientist award, and Melanoma Research Alliance Grant.. Most recently she was selected to Duke Medical School’s Alpha Omega Alpha and received the American Society for Clinical Investigation Young Physician-Scientist Award.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Associate Professor in Medicine
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Dept of Surgery, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-8111
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ohio State University, 2017
- Duke University, 2015
- M.H.S. Duke University, 2012
- M.D. Duke University School of Medicine, 2008
- B.A. Duke University, 2001
- Rhodin, KE; Farrow, NE; Xu, M; Lee, J; Tyler, DS; Beasley, GM, National Trends in Management of Pathologic Stage III Melanoma., Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol 30 no. 5 (2023), pp. 2586-2589 [10.1245/s10434-023-13101-6] [abs].
- Sharon, CE; Tortorello, GN; Gimotty, PA; Beasley, GM; Slingluff, CL; Miura, JT; Karakousis, GC, Outcomes of Single Node Excision Compared with Lymph Node Dissection for Patients with Clinical Stage III N1b Cutaneous Melanoma., Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol 30 no. 4 (2023), pp. 1956-1959 [10.1245/s10434-022-12999-8] [abs].
- Brown, MC; Beasley, GM; McKay, ZP; Yang, Y; Desjardins, A; Randazzo, DM; Landi, D; Ashley, DM; Bigner, DD; Nair, SK; Gromeier, M, Intratumor childhood vaccine-specific CD4+ T-cell recall coordinates antitumor CD8+ T cells and eosinophils., Journal for Immunotherapy of Cancer, vol 11 no. 4 (2023) [10.1136/jitc-2022-006463] [abs].
- Salama, AKS; Palta, M; Rushing, CN; Selim, MA; Linney, KN; Czito, BG; Yoo, DS; Hanks, BA; Beasley, GM; Mosca, PJ; Dumbauld, C; Steadman, KN; Yi, JS; Weinhold, KJ; Tyler, DS; Lee, WT; Brizel, DM, Figure S1 from Ipilimumab and Radiation in Patients with High-risk Resected or Regionally Advanced Melanoma (2023) [10.1158/1078-0432.22478619] [abs].
- Salama, AKS; Palta, M; Rushing, CN; Selim, MA; Linney, KN; Czito, BG; Yoo, DS; Hanks, BA; Beasley, GM; Mosca, PJ; Dumbauld, C; Steadman, KN; Yi, JS; Weinhold, KJ; Tyler, DS; Lee, WT; Brizel, DM, Figure S2 from Ipilimumab and Radiation in Patients with High-risk Resected or Regionally Advanced Melanoma (2023) [10.1158/1078-0432.22478616.v1] [abs].