Jen-Tsan Ashley Chi
Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor in Radiation Oncology
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 101 Science Dr, Dumc3382, Room 2177A, CIEMAS Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 668-4759
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Stanford University, 2004
- Ph.D. Stanford University, 2000
- M.D. National Taiwan University, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member of American Society of Clinical Investigation. American Society of Clinical Investigation. 2011
- Investigators in Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases. Burroughs Wellcome Fund. 2009
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
In the News
- New Finding Could Unmask Blood Doping in Athletes (Oct 18, 2018)
- Breast Cancer Cells Starve For Cystine (Nov 21, 2016)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Nutrient Deprivation Kills Kidney Cancer Cells (Feb 3, 2016)
- Yang, W-H; Ding, C-KC; Sun, T; Rupprecht, G; Lin, C-C; Hsu, D; Chi, J-T, The Hippo Pathway Effector TAZ Regulates Ferroptosis in Renal Cell Carcinoma., Cell Reports, vol 28 no. 10 (2019), pp. 2501-2508.e4 [10.1016/j.celrep.2019.07.107] [abs].
- Chen, P-H; Wu, J; Ding, C-KC; Lin, C-C; Pan, S; Bossa, N; Xu, Y; Yang, W-H; Mathey-Prevot, B; Chi, J-T, Kinome screen of ferroptosis reveals a novel role of ATM in regulating iron metabolism., Cell Death Differ (2019) [10.1038/s41418-019-0393-7] [abs].
- Walzer, KA; Kubicki, DM; Tang, X; Chi, J-TA, Single-Cell Analysis Reveals Distinct Gene Expression and Heterogeneity in Male and Female Plasmodium falciparum Gametocytes., Msphere, vol 3 no. 2 (2018) [10.1128/mSphere.00130-18] [abs].
- Lin, C-C; Kitagawa, M; Tang, X; Hou, M-H; Wu, J; Qu, DC; Srinivas, V; Liu, X; Thompson, JW; Mathey-Prevot, B; Yao, T-P; Lee, SH; Chi, J-T, CoA synthase regulates mitotic fidelity via CBP-mediated acetylation., Nature Communications, vol 9 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41467-018-03422-6] [abs].
- Justus, CR; Sanderlin, EJ; Dong, L; Sun, T; Chi, J-T; Lertpiriyapong, K; Yang, LV, Contextual tumor suppressor function of T cell death-associated gene 8 (TDAG8) in hematological malignancies., Journal of Translational Medicine, vol 15 no. 1 (2017) [10.1186/s12967-017-1305-6] [abs].