Jen-Tsan Ashley Chi
Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor in Radiation Oncology
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 101 Science Dr, Dumc3382, Room 2177A, CIEMAS Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 668-4759
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Stanford University, 2004
- Ph.D. Stanford University, 2000
- M.D. National Taiwan University, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member of American Society of Clinical Investigation. American Society of Clinical Investigation. 2011
- Investigators in Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases. Burroughs Wellcome Fund. 2009
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
In the News
- New Finding Could Unmask Blood Doping in Athletes (Oct 18, 2018)
- Breast Cancer Cells Starve For Cystine (Nov 21, 2016)
- New Collaborative Seed Grant Program Gives Eight Awards (Mar 16, 2016)
- Nutrient Deprivation Kills Kidney Cancer Cells (Feb 3, 2016)
- Walzer, KA; Kubicki, DM; Tang, X; Chi, J-TA, Single-Cell Analysis Reveals Distinct Gene Expression and Heterogeneity in Male and Female Plasmodium falciparum Gametocytes., Msphere, vol 3 no. 2 (2018) [10.1128/mSphere.00130-18] [abs].
- Lin, C-C; Kitagawa, M; Tang, X; Hou, M-H; Wu, J; Qu, DC; Srinivas, V; Liu, X; Thompson, JW; Mathey-Prevot, B; Yao, T-P; Lee, SH; Chi, J-T, CoA synthase regulates mitotic fidelity via CBP-mediated acetylation., Nature Communications, vol 9 no. 1 (2018) [10.1038/s41467-018-03422-6] [abs].
- Justus, CR; Sanderlin, EJ; Dong, L; Sun, T; Chi, J-T; Lertpiriyapong, K; Yang, LV, Contextual tumor suppressor function of T cell death-associated gene 8 (TDAG8) in hematological malignancies., Journal of Translational Medicine, vol 15 no. 1 (2017) [10.1186/s12967-017-1305-6] [abs].
- Chen, P-H; Smith, TJ; Wu, J; Siesser, PF; Bisnett, BJ; Khan, F; Hogue, M; Soderblom, E; Tang, F; Marks, JR; Major, MB; Swarts, BM; Boyce, M; Chi, J-T, Glycosylation of KEAP1 links nutrient sensing to redox stress signaling., The Embo Journal, vol 36 no. 15 (2017), pp. 2233-2250 [10.15252/embj.201696113] [abs].
- Lee, C-T; Zhou, Y; Roy-Choudhury, K; Siamakpour-Reihani, S; Young, K; Hoang, P; Kirkpatrick, JP; Chi, J-TA; Dewhirst, MW; Horton, JK, Subtype-Specific Radiation Response and Therapeutic Effect of FAS Death Receptor Modulation in Human Breast Cancer., Radiat Res, vol 188 no. 2 (2017), pp. 169-180 [10.1667/RR14664.1] [abs].