Michael Eric Gehm
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor of Physics
- Office Location: 3463 CIEMAS, Fitzpatrick Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5544
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2003
- M.S. Duke University, 1998
- B.S. Washington University in St. Louis, 1992
Primarily computational and compressive sensing and measurement in all modalities (with special emphasis in Electromagnetic/Optical from RF to x-ray and all forms of Mass spectrometry), with side interests in optical physics, high-performance x-ray simulation, and rapid-prototyping as a means of creating advanced electromagnetic structures
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. OSA (The Optical Society). 2020
- ECE 270DL: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation
- ECE 270L9: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation (Lab)
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 675: Optical Imaging and Spectroscopy
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
In the News
- A Speedier and More Accurate Future for Airport Security Screening (Feb 24, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Duke to Lead $5.83 Million DHS Project to Reinvent Airport Screening (Dec 10, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- The Way This Image Is Created Sounds Like Magic (Sep 27, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Horvath, KL; Piacentino, EL; Serpa, RB; Aloui, T; Vyas, R; Zhilichev, Y; von Windheim, J; Sartorelli, ML; Parker, CB; Denton, MB; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, Design considerations for a cycloidal mass analyzer using a focal plane array detector., Journal of Mass Spectrometry : Jms, vol 57 no. 7 (2022) [10.1002/jms.4874] [abs].
- Ruiz, SD; Gude, ZW; Hurlock, AX; Ferguson, K; Miller, C; Carpenter, JH; Greenberg, JA; Gehm, ME, Characterization of photon counting detectors for x-ray diffraction (XRD) applications, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 12104 (2022) [10.1117/12.2618954] [abs].
- Hurlock, AX; Ruiz, SD; Carpenter, JH; Greenberg, JA; Gehm, ME, Spectrally responsive edge-illumination (SREI) x-ray phase contrast imaging (XPCI), Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 12104 (2022) [10.1117/12.2618827] [abs].
- Piacentino, EL; Serpa, RB; Horvath, KL; Vyas, R; Aloui, T; Parker, CB; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Denton, MB; Amsden, JJ, The Long Neglected Cycloidal Mass Analyzer., Analytical Chemistry, vol 93 no. 33 (2021), pp. 11357-11363 [10.1021/acs.analchem.1c02001] [abs].
- Vyas, R; Aloui, T; Horvath, K; Herr, PJ; Kirley, MP; Parker, CB; Keil, AD; Carlson, JB; Keogh, J; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Sartorelli, ML; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT; Amsden, JJ, Improving the Performance of a Cycloidal Coded-Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 32 no. 2 (2021), pp. 509-518 [10.1021/jasms.0c00378] [abs].