Anthony Nanlin Kuo
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Anthony Kuo, MD is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Duke University. He is a clinician-scientist with an active clinical practice in cornea and refractive surgery and an active laboratory program developing and translating high resolution optical coherence tomography (OCT) technologies for ophthalmic use.
With collaborators at Duke, he is also involved in the development and translation of intra-surgical OCT technologies. His research has been sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, Research to Prevent Blindness, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the Coulter Foundation among others.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
- Office Location: 2351 Erwin Rd, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3799
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2008
- University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- University of Pittsburgh, 2005
- University of Pittsburgh, 2003
- M.D. Vanderbilt University, 2002
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
- Song, A; Roh, K-M; Lusk, JB; Valikodath, NG; Lad, EM; Draelos, M; Ortiz, P; Theophanous, RG; Limkakeng, AT; Izatt, JA; McNabb, RP; Kuo, AN, Robotic Optical Coherence Tomography Retinal Imaging for Emergency Department Patients: A Pilot Study for Emergency Physicians' Diagnostic Performance., Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol 81 no. 4 (2023), pp. 501-508 [10.1016/j.annemergmed.2022.10.016] [abs].
- Hagan, K; Park, J; DuBose, TB; Soltanian-Zadeh, S; Dhalla, AH; Kuo, AN; McNabb, RP; Izatt, JA; Farsiu, S, Dual modality handheld adaptive optics optical coherence tomography probe for in vivo 3-D photoreceptor imaging, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 12360 (2023) [10.1117/12.2648479] [abs].
- Draelos, M; Viehland, C; McNabb, RP; Kuo, AN; Izatt, JA, Adaptive point-scan imaging beyond the frame rate–resolution limit with scene-reactive scan trajectories, Optica, vol 9 no. 11 (2022), pp. 1276-1288 [10.1364/OPTICA.472562] [abs].
- Tian, Y; Draelos, M; McNabb, RP; Hauser, K; Kuo, AN; Izatt, JA, Optical coherence tomography refraction and optical path length correction for image-guided corneal surgery., Biomedical Optics Express, vol 13 no. 9 (2022), pp. 5035-5049 [10.1364/BOE.464762] [abs].
- Song, A; Lusk, JB; Roh, K-M; Jackson, KJ; Scherr, KA; McNabb, RP; Chatterjee, R; Kuo, AN, Practice Patterns of Fundoscopic Examination for Diabetic Retinopathy Screening in Primary Care., Jama Network Open, vol 5 no. 6 (2022) [10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.18753] [abs].