Christopher Ryan Kelsey
Professor of Radiation Oncology
Clinical trials that are currently enrolling patients include a study investigating lower doses of radiation therapy for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, with the goal of maintaining excellent tumor control but decreasing the risk of long-term side effects of treatment.
I also have an interest in genetic determinants of radiation sensitivity, predictors of local recurrence after surgery for lung cancer, radiation-induced lung injury, and the role of radiation therapy in advanced (stage III-IV) diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and Hodgkin lymphoma.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 30 Duke Medicine Circle, Room 05125A, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 668-7336
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.D. University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, 2002
- B.S. Brigham Young University, 1998
- Dorth, JA; Chino, JP; Prosnitz, LR; Diehl, LF; Beaven, AW; Coleman, RE; Kelsey, CR, The impact of radiation therapy in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with positive post-chemotherapy FDG-PET or gallium-67 scans., Ann Oncol, vol 22 no. 2 (2011), pp. 405-410 [10.1093/annonc/mdq389] [abs].
- Kelsey, CR; Mukundan, S; Wang, Z; Hahn, CA; Soher, BJ; Kirkpatrick, JP, Assessing neurotoxicity from the low-dose radiation component of radiosurgery using magnetic resonance spectroscopy., Neuro Oncol, vol 12 no. 2 (2010), pp. 145-152 [10.1093/neuonc/nop040] [abs].
- Higgins, K; Chino, JP; Marks, LB; Ready, N; D'Amico, TA; Clough, RW; Kelsey, CR, Preoperative chemotherapy versus preoperative chemoradiotherapy for stage III (N2) non-small-cell lung cancer., Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, vol 75 no. 5 (2009), pp. 1462-1467 [10.1016/j.ijrobp.2009.01.069] [abs].
- Kelsey, CR; Marks, LB; Hollis, D; Hubbs, JL; Ready, NE; D'Amico, TA; Boyd, JA, Local recurrence after surgery for early stage lung cancer: an 11-year experience with 975 patients., Cancer, vol 115 no. 22 (2009), pp. 5218-5227 [10.1002/cncr.24625] [abs].
- Kelsey, CR; Light, KL; Marks, LB, Patterns of failure after resection of non-small-cell lung cancer: implications for postoperative radiation therapy volumes., International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol 65 no. 4 (2006), pp. 1097-1105 [10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.02.007] [abs].
- Kelsey, CR; Kahn, D; Hollis, DR; Miller, KL; Zhou, S-M; Clough, RW; Marks, LB, Radiation-induced narrowing of the tracheobronchial tree: an in-depth analysis., Lung Cancer (Amsterdam, Netherlands), vol 52 no. 1 (2006), pp. 111-116 [10.1016/j.lungcan.2005.11.007] [abs].