John H. Reif
A. Hollis Edens Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
Molecular assembly, DNA computing, robot motion planning, parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic computation, data compression, optical computation, and quantum computation.
Appointments and Affiliations
- A. Hollis Edens Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: LSRC D-229, 308 Research Drive, Dept Comp Sci, Duke U, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 407-1961
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 1977
- M.S. Harvard University , 1975
- B.S. Tufts University, 1973
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Tufts Notable. Tufts University. 2010
- AAAS Fellow. American Association for the Advancement of Science. 2003
- Highly Cited Researcher. Thomson Reuters. 2001
- Fellow. Association for Computing Machinery. 1997
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 1993
- COMPSCI 93: History of Computing, Cryptography, and Robotic Devices
- COMPSCI 531D: Introduction to Algorithms
- COMPSCI 534: Computational Complexity
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 891: Special Readings in Computer Science
- ECE 891: Internship
In the News
- Designing With DNA (Dec 23, 2022)
- I.D. Verification, Now for Cancer (Nov 22, 2019)
- Tiny Light-Up Barcodes Identify Molecules by Their Twinkling (Apr 11, 2019)
- Analog DNA Circuit Does Math in a Test Tube (Aug 23, 2016)
- Carolyn McAllaster, Susan S. Reif: Funding fails to keep pace with South's HIV epidemic (Dec 1, 2015 | The News & Observer)
- Nagipogu, RT; Fu, D; Reif, JH, A survey on molecular-scale learning systems with relevance to DNA computing., Nanoscale, vol 15 no. 17 (2023), pp. 7676-7694 [10.1039/d2nr06202j] [abs].
- Yang, M; Reif, J, Social DNA Nanorobots, vol Part F821 (2023), pp. 371-396 [10.1007/978-981-19-9891-1_20] [abs].
- Fu, D; Pradeep Narayanan, R; Prasad, A; Zhang, F; Williams, D; Schreck, JS; Yan, H; Reif, J, Automated design of 3D DNA origami with non-rasterized 2D curvature., Science Advances, vol 8 no. 51 (2022) [10.1126/sciadv.ade4455] [abs].
- Reif, J; Fu, D; Williams, D; Yan, H; Zhang, F; Prasad, A, Data from: Automated design of 3D DNA origami with non-rasterized 2D curvature (2022) [10.7924/r4d223179] [abs].
- Bui, H; Chandran, H; Garg, S; Gopalkrishnan, N; Mokhtar, R; Reif, J; Song, T, DNA computing (2022), pp. 1-42 [10.1201/b16812-28] [abs].