David Guy Kirsch
Barbara Levine University Distinguished Professor
My clinical interests are the multi-modality care of patients with bone and soft tissue sarcomas and developing new sarcoma therapies. My laboratory interests include utilizing mouse models of cancer to study cancer and radiation biology in order to develop new cancer therapies in the pre-clinical setting.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Barbara Levine University Distinguished Professor
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology
- Office Location: LSRC Building, Room B327, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-8586
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Harvard Medical School, 2007
- Harvard Medical School, 2006
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2005
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center, 2001
- Ph.D. Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2000
- M.D. Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2000
- B.S. Duke University, 1993
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 495: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Why Some Cancers Become Resistant to Therapy (Jan 27, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Three Faculty Elected Fellows of AAAS (Nov 21, 2017)
- Duke Awards Distinguished Professorships, Inducts New Bass Society Members (May 5, 2016)
- Cancer Research David Kirsch Receives NCI Outstanding Investigator Award (Mar 18, 2016 | Duke Today)
- New imaging technique ‘lights up’ cancer cells (Jan 8, 2016 | CBS News)
- New injection illuminates cancer cells, 'making it easier for surgeons to locate and remove tumors’ (Jan 7, 2016 | The Daily Mail)
- Researchers find a way to light up cancer cells (Jan 7, 2016 | TIME)
- Early Trial Shows Injectable Agent Illuminates Cancer During Surgery (Jan 6, 2016 | Duke Today)
- Komen grants $3.6 million to Duke, UNC breast cancer research (Aug 1, 2013 | WRAL.com)
- Floyd, W; Pierpoint, M; Su, C; Patel, R; Luo, L; Deland, K; Wisdom, AJ; Zhu, D; Ma, Y; DeWitt, SB; Williams, NT; Lazarides, AL; Somarelli, JA; Corcoran, DL; Eward, WC; Cardona, DM; Kirsch, DG, Atrx deletion impairs CGAS/STING signaling and increases sarcoma response to radiation and oncolytic herpesvirus., The Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol 133 no. 13 (2023) [10.1172/jci149310] [abs].
- Wang, D; Harris, J; Kraybill, WG; Eisenberg, B; Kirsch, DG; Ettinger, DS; Kane, JM; Barry, PN; Naghavi, A; Freeman, CR; Chen, Y-L; Hitchcock, YJ; Bedi, M; Salerno, KE; Severin, D; Godette, KD; Larrier, NA; Curran, WJ; Torres-Saavedra, PA; Lucas, DR, Pathologic Complete Response and Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Localized Soft Tissue Sarcoma Treated With Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy or Radiotherapy: The NRG/RTOG 9514 and 0630 Nonrandomized Clinical Trials., Jama Oncol, vol 9 no. 5 (2023), pp. 646-655 [10.1001/jamaoncol.2023.0042] [abs].
- Kuo, HC; Daniel, AR; Driver, LM; Lee, CL; Kirsch, DG, Histological assessment of intestinal injury by ionizing radiation (2023) [10.1016/bs.mcb.2023.03.001] [abs].
- Bokhari, RS; Beheshti, A; Blutt, SE; Bowles, DE; Brenner, D; Britton, R; Bronk, L; Cao, X; Chatterjee, A; Clay, DE; Courtney, C; Fox, DT; Gaber, MW; Gerecht, S; Grabham, P; Grosshans, D; Guan, F; Jezuit, EA; Kirsch, DG; Liu, Z; Maletic-Savatic, M; Miller, KM; Montague, RA; Nagpal, P; Osenberg, S; Parkitny, L; Pierce, NA; Porada, C; Rosenberg, SM; Sargunas, P; Sharma, S; Spangler, J; Tavakol, DN; Thomas, D; Vunjak-Novakovic, G; Wang, C; Whitcomb, L; Young, DW; Donoviel, D, Looking on the horizon; potential and unique approaches to developing radiation countermeasures for deep space travel., Life Sci Space Res (Amst), vol 35 (2022), pp. 105-112 [10.1016/j.lssr.2022.08.003] [abs].