Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Developing new tools and infrastructure for multi-modal biomedical data integration to drive precision/personalized methods for early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 534 Research Dr, Room #448, Durham, NC 27708
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
Use of large-scale biomedical datasets to model and guide personalized therapies.
- BIOSTAT 707: Statistical Methods for Learning and Discovery
- BME 290: Intermediate Topics (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 580: An Introduction to Biomedical Data Science (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- HLTHPOL 395: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
- HLTHPOL 395T: Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- HLTHPOL 396T: Bass Connections Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- HLTHPOL 795: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
- HLTHPOL 795T: Bass Connections Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- HLTHPOL 796T: Bass Connections Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- ISS 290S: Special Topics in Information Science + Studies
- ISS 395T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
- ISS 795T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
In the News
- How You Can Help Scientists Better Understand COVID Variants With Wearable Devices (Jan 27, 2022 | Duke MEDx)
- Duke Celebrates Women and Girls in Science Day (Feb 10, 2021)
- Early Detection of COVID-19: How Your Smartwatch Could Help (Aug 25, 2020 | Duke Magnify)
- School of Medicine Forum Addresses the Role of Data Science During Times of Crisis (Jul 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- A COVID-19 Study for Early Detection Expands to Reach New Communities (Jun 15, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Here'e How to Make Smartwatch Health Data Useful for Research (May 15, 2020)
- Using Smartphones in the Effort for Early Detection of COVID-19 (Apr 8, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- NC Survey Tracks How Residents Are Changing Behavior In Pandemic (Apr 6, 2020)
- Your Skin Tone Won't Affect Your Heart-Tracking Device. Your Activity Might (Feb 11, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Jessilyn Dunn: Gaining Insights from Biomedical Big Data (Jun 5, 2018 | Duke University Pratt School of Engineering)
- Wang, WK; Chen, I; Hershkovich, L; Yang, J; Shetty, A; Singh, G; Jiang, Y; Kotla, A; Shang, JZ; Yerrabelli, R; Roghanizad, AR; Shandhi, MMH; Dunn, J, A Systematic Review of Time Series Classification Techniques Used in Biomedical Applications., Sensors (Basel, Switzerland), vol 22 no. 20 (2022) [10.3390/s22208016] [abs].
- Shandhi, MMH; Cho, PJ; Roghanizad, AR; Singh, K; Wang, W; Enache, OM; Stern, A; Sbahi, R; Tatar, B; Fiscus, S; Khoo, QX; Kuo, Y; Lu, X; Hsieh, J; Kalodzitsa, A; Bahmani, A; Alavi, A; Ray, U; Snyder, MP; Ginsburg, GS; Pasquale, DK; Woods, CW; Shaw, RJ; Dunn, JP, A method for intelligent allocation of diagnostic testing by leveraging data from commercial wearable devices: a case study on COVID-19., Npj Digital Medicine, vol 5 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41746-022-00672-z] [abs].
- Jiang, Y; Wang, W; Scargill, T; Rothman, M; Dunn, J; Gorlatova, M, Digital biomarkers reflect stress reduction after Augmented Reality guided meditation: A feasibility study, Digibiom 2022 Proceedings of the 2022 Emerging Devices for Digital Biomarkers (2022), pp. 29-34 [10.1145/3539494.3542754] [abs].
- Erickson, ML; Wang, W; Counts, J; Redman, LM; Parker, D; Huebner, JL; Dunn, J; Kraus, WE, Field-Based Assessments of Behavioral Patterns During Shiftwork in Police Academy Trainees Using Wearable Technology., J Biol Rhythms, vol 37 no. 3 (2022), pp. 260-271 [10.1177/07487304221087068] [abs].
- Goergen, CJ; Tweardy, MJ; Steinhubl, SR; Wegerich, SW; Singh, K; Mieloszyk, RJ; Dunn, J, Detection and Monitoring of Viral Infections via Wearable Devices and Biometric Data., vol 24 (2022), pp. 1-27 [10.1146/annurev-bioeng-103020-040136] [abs].