Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Developing new tools and infrastructure for multi-modal biomedical data integration to drive precision/personalized methods for early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: Suite 1102 Hock Plaza, Box 2721, Durham, NC 27708
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- BIOSTAT 707: Statistical Methods for Learning and Discovery
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- HLTHPOL 395: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
- HLTHPOL 795: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
In the News
- Duke Celebrates Women and Girls in Science Day (Feb 10, 2021)
- Early Detection of COVID-19: How Your Smartwatch Could Help (Aug 25, 2020 | Duke Magnify)
- School of Medicine Forum Addresses the Role of Data Science During Times of Crisis (Jul 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- A COVID-19 Study for Early Detection Expands to Reach New Communities (Jun 15, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Here'e How to Make Smartwatch Health Data Useful for Research (May 15, 2020)
- Using Smartphones in the Effort for Early Detection of COVID-19 (Apr 8, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- NC Survey Tracks How Residents Are Changing Behavior In Pandemic (Apr 6, 2020)
- Your Skin Tone Won't Affect Your Heart-Tracking Device. Your Activity Might (Feb 11, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Jessilyn Dunn: Gaining Insights from Biomedical Big Data (Jun 5, 2018 | Duke University Pratt School of Engineering)
- Bent, B; Cho, PJ; Henriquez, M; Wittmann, A; Thacker, C; Feinglos, M; Crowley, MJ; Dunn, JP, Engineering digital biomarkers of interstitial glucose from noninvasive smartwatches., Npj Digital Medicine, vol 4 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41746-021-00465-w] [abs].
- Dunn, J; Kidzinski, L; Runge, R; Witt, D; Hicks, JL; Schüssler-Fiorenza Rose, SM; Li, X; Bahmani, A; Delp, SL; Hastie, T; Snyder, MP, Wearable sensors enable personalized predictions of clinical laboratory measurements., Nature Medicine (2021) [10.1038/s41591-021-01339-0] [abs].
- Bent, B; Enache, OM; Goldstein, B; Kibbe, W; Dunn, JP, Reply: Matters Arising 'Investigating sources of inaccuracy in wearable optical heart rate sensors'., Npj Digital Medicine, vol 4 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41746-021-00409-4] [abs].
- Bent, B; Sim, I; Dunn, JP, Digital Medicine Community Perspectives and Challenges: Survey Study., Jmir Mhealth and Uhealth, vol 9 no. 2 (2021) [10.2196/24570] [abs].
- Bent, B; Dunn, JP, Wearables in the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic: What Are They Good for?, Jmir Mhealth and Uhealth, vol 8 no. 12 (2020) [10.2196/25137] [abs].