Assistant Professor of Radiology
Xiaofeng “Steve” Zhang graduated from Tsinghua University (China) in Chemical Engineering (B.E. in 1997), and received his graduate degrees from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Electrical Engineering (M.S. in 2003 and Ph.D. in 2005). He studies the interaction of light with biological tissue, with which to noninvasively probe various biomedical phenomena in vivo, and the means to tomographically visualize such phenomena.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Radiology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Dept Of Radiology, Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-5860
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Illinois -- Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- Yoon, SW; Tsvankin, V; Shrock, Z; Meng, B; Zhang, X; Dewhirst, M; Fecci, P; Adamson, J; Oldham, M, Enhancing Radiation Therapy Through Cherenkov Light-Activated Phototherapy., International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol 100 no. 3 (2018), pp. 794-801 [10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.11.013] [abs].
- Zhang, X; Lam, SK; Palmer, G; Das, S; Oldham, M; Dewhirst, M, Noninvasive measurement of tissue blood oxygenation with Cerenkov imaging during therapeutic radiation delivery., Optics Letters, vol 42 no. 16 (2017), pp. 3101-3104 [10.1364/ol.42.003101] [abs].
- Zhang, X; Fales, A; Vo-Dinh, T, Time-Resolved Synchronous Fluorescence for Biomedical Diagnosis., Sensors (Basel, Switzerland), vol 15 no. 9 (2015), pp. 21746-21759 [10.3390/s150921746] [abs].
- Zhu, X; Chang, S; Cullip, T; Yuan, L; Lian, J; Zhang, X; Tang, X; Tracton, G; Dooley, J, SU-E-T-521: Feasibility Study of a Rotational Step-And-Shoot IMRT Treatment Planning Approach., Medical physics, vol 41 no. 6 (2014) [10.1118/1.4888854] [abs].
- Zhang, X, Instrumentation in Diffuse Optical Imaging., Photonics, vol 1 no. 1 (2014), pp. 9-32 [10.3390/photonics1010009] [abs].